During this past semester, I failed a very easy exam for a very easy class- Mans Food. Due to my hectic schedule, I wasn't prepared for an exam I had two days to study for. Nor did I know I had such a limited time to take the exam. Let's just saw I was very stressed while taking it, and I did don't pass it. Seeing this, I started venting on wether or not I should drop the class or stick with it. Being over dramatic, I realized I could still pass the class with an A if I get A's on the other exams. Realizing I would have failed this class wasn't the easiest thing I've had to deal with during my time here at UF, especially because it's such an easy class. Seeing that I didn't take my first exam seriously, I started to write in my calendar when I should start studying for my exam etc. Just because the class is considered an easy course, doesn't mean I shouldn't take it seriously . This goes for all classes at UF.
Failure is something most of us don't like dealing with . We try our best to avoid it but sometimes even when we try our best, we still end up failing. It happens. You're going to fail and you're going to continue to fail throughout your life. However, with these failures, you get to improve and learn from your failure and be better in the future. I tend to be stressed out a lot so I don't well with failure that well. Most of tell ourselves when something doesn't go our way that we aren't good enough. We didn't do our best etc. I used to think like that till I was at a forum regarding stress i Vet student. Now, I tend to not really stress too much about my failures but rather look at the situation. See what I did wrong or lacked in , and do better the next time.
Hello Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteIt is true that we cannot neglect any classes, including "easy" ones, because those are the ones that could actually help improve our GPA. Sometimes the classes that we take for granted are the ones that end up giving us the most work because we don't put as much effort from the beginning. Also, failure is a part of life and we have to accept it, learn from it, and move on. I believe it is really helpful that you attend this sort of forums so you can better manage stress. Good job! Here is my post if you want to take a look at it http://berrvh.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html
Good post Stephanie. I had a similar experience in jr college I was taking the easiest math class I could cause I needed another credit and I failed a test because I never went to it. I like your approach in dealing with failure. I use a similar approach because stressing over failure does not help it is more useful to figure out what you did wrong.
ReplyDeletehttp://gainerent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/celebrating-failure.html
Hey Stephanie, It's good to recognize failure so that you can grow from it. I think that you did a good job. On a side note, I also like the theme that you have. Your page is very clean and easy to navigate. My post is different than yours but feel free to check out my blog: http://phatblogz.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteGood job,
Ben