After the interview, I again was again thinking back to all the feedback that I was given and how I could incorporate them into my product. Being informed on the issue of getting your lower part of your body wet was what struck me the most.They asked me what would be the difference if they just wore a rain jacket. Hearing this, I knew my product was not yet ready to be introduced to the world but be brought back in to look at how I can make a better product by changing a few things. Another thing was the way my product would look, and how some fashionistas may not like the way it looks, and thus won't buy it. With this feedback, I hope to create the original look and go from there. Slowly start introducing different models of the product.
Although my product would be run on solar energy. It would be interesting to create bike that already has a cover on it, that would be powered by the pedaling of the rider. With that energy and model, I could later start adding more gadgets onto the cover. However, It won't be able to be compressed to a carry on. The last thing I want to discuss is having some sort of umbrella that athlete are able to use but without having to use their hands to hold it nor have it distract them and put stress on them.
New Market:
My new market would be targeting athletes. In addition to the bike umbrella/cover, this product would be beneficial to athletes and those that workout outside. This product will also protect them from the rain while they continue their normal day to day practice outside . The main thing I learned about this product is that there is a need for something like this in the world. There are many athletes out there that are forced to play in the rain unless there's lightening. Most tend to not like getting soaked and wake up the next day with a cough. This need for it , was the most surprising. However, this product also has many faults in it and in someways no necessary for some. In comparison to my original market, this isn't as attractive. However , I would love to add this to the line if items I would sell in my business.
Stephanie, I think you did a great job analyzing your product. I especially thought you did a great job by realizing that your product is not ready to be put out on the market. I think many businesses rush to meet investor and customer demands and do not work on truly perfecting their product. Doing it right the first time is important and will benefit you in the long run. Check out my blog:http://meganerobb.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html
ReplyDeleteStephanie,
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you take feedback so heavily into consideration with your product. It's one thing to think that your product is perfect and ready. It's a whole new thing to address your flaws, and make adjustments as necessary. You may fail several times before you succeed. However, stay the course and stay focused and success is inevitable.
Best wishes.
If you would like, check out my blog at alexanderdavidknight.blogspot.com
Hi! I think it is awesome that you were able to see the slight faults in your project, and were easily able to speak about them openly! Being able to discuss the problems allows you to fix them in the future, but I think this is a really cool idea and would be very interested in trying it out. I enjoy the outdoors but really hate being out in the rain.. Anyway I will be honest i did not do this assignment, but here is the link to my exit strategy! http://anaksunamoon216.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html
ReplyDeleteHi Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteI love how you took the feedback and too everything into consideration. I think sometimes entrepreneurs take this type of criticism and yet still want to push their product out just because they think it'll work. I think your consideration and desire to satisfy all customer bases is a method everyone should try to follow.
Overall great job on the assignment and you can check out my blog at http://flatpeak.blogspot.com/2016_02_01_archive.html
Brian D. Kim