Looking back at what I did throughout the semester for this course, I must say that coming up with my product-Coverella and receiving both positive and negative feedback on it was my most formative, joyous and something i'll remember years from now experience. Coming up with my idea and receiving feedback, transformed my product to what it was then to what it is now. Transforming my product has been a ride, and right now I can say I'm a pretty proud person and I hope I can further pursue my venture and even start showcasing it in events. Being in this class has allowed me to use my creativity and entrepreneurship mind much more than my other classes. It allowed me to put myself out there in the world, and reach out to people for class interviews that were mainly about my product. This made me more confident in myself.
The best advice I can give someone who will be taking this course in the future is to take this course seriously. This course can teach you many entrepreneurial things and will also allow you to gain confidence in yourself as well as tap into your creativity side that you probably don't use as often as you should. However, to be able to achieve this, you must do the assignments even if you need a recording. That one recording you didn't want to do because you were either too scared or too lazy can cost you your grade. Go buy a calendar notebook and start writing down all your due dates and star one that include an interview . Best of luck.

ReplyDeleteI have never come across your blog but I have to say your name is very cool and would definitely catch my attention at a showcase. Being in this class has also allowed me to use my creativity much more than my other classes. It was online but it was immersive on so many levels from interviews to lists to resumes to comments such as this one. Not being lazy is a key in any class, especially this one…it is a 3000 level course with a ton of assignments. Check out my reflection here-
http://intro2ent.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
Hi Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteI love how joyous and proud you are of your overall growth from this class and the experiences that you've gained personally, professionally, and as an entrepreneur! I feel like the intent of the course is to at least hone down certain skills and develop others, but the fact that you were able to do that, AND actually create an idea for a plausible start up that you are interested in pursuing after the class ends is amazing! Great job and I wish you the best of luck! You can check out my blog post at http://amunozent.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteI am very glad to see you have experienced so much growth in this class. I too feel that I have grown a lot as a result of the class. I looked back at your older posts and agree that your idea could definitely make for a successful startup. I definitely agree with your tips for future students, there are many assignments but you just have to stay on top of it. Your tip of using a calendar is one I used myself, writing down all of the due dates for the class on my calendar. If you would like to see my post, it is a fitness and meal prep app, the link is:
http://colehouser.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html