Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Top 5 World Problems






 Before you continue reading, I want to explain why I ordered my top five problems the way I did. Our world won't survive much longer if we don't start taking care of it. With no Earth to live in then what do we have? Yea we've been researching other planets that are sufficient and vital enough but what happens if the world "end" tomorrow ? We're all dead.  Poverty isn't something I want the world to be suffering from when there are ways to prevent it. Many out there are starving , hungry/ malnourished, homeless, and cold. While you read this on your fancy computer under a roof, there is someone out there right now begging for just a bite of bread. Rise in terrorist attacks. To be honest, this is a bit personal to me because many countries and those dear to me are suffering from these attacks when there really is no need for people to bomb innocent civilians to just make a point. Many might be thinking why sexual diseases? Those that are not educated and not practicing safe sex are having to take meds just so they can live longer. Those in poverty and third world countries are being raped and not being taught what STI's are. Billions are dying because of this. Discrimination is a huge deal. It's something that's been going on since possible the ice age. It cause wars, unwanted pain and tears. We're living in a society where things are slowly evolving but there are still people that disagree  with peoples new perspective on the world and the people in it.

Top 5 World Problems:

1. Extreme climate change
2. Poverty
3. Rise in terrorist attacks
4. Sexual diseases
5. Discrimination

Top 5 Solutions To World Problems:

1. To prevent extreme climate change, we can start by cutting out the use of fossil fuels (which we're doing), implement guidelines and policies on how we can reduce the use of these pollutants, spread awareness to the world, and many other solutions.
2. Many have been affected by STI's due lack of protection and knowledge on safe sex. Main solution  to prevent STI's would be to spread awareness via education and home! Many still don't realize that they can easily catch STD by unprotected sex. Countries around the world who are suffering from STI's can also be provided with prevention kits.
3. Problems like discrimination mainly arises by how one is raised. Those that have been taught to hate other people must be spoken to. What they've been thought to think isn't right nor do they have to believe what those around them believe in. People need to stand up and realize we live in a different world now. It isn't the same as it was as it's been told in our history books. We can do this by the normal tactics that have been used: education, protesting against our government , stand up for those being discriminated and let them know what they're saying isn't nice, speak your mind. STAND UP.
4. Poverty isn't something you can easily fix. However we can start by convincing countries that don't suffer from this to help stop poverty in countries that are currently suffering, improve water supply, supply them with agriculture equipment and such, improve the quality of education, etc.
5. How can we stop extremist from attacking? There has been many plans that have been implemented to stop these attacks. The main solution I think we can do to solve this is to get every world leader whose country is suffering from these kinds of attacks and see how they can work together to solve these issues.

One last note. I again chose climate change as my top solution because out of all of them I've noticed that we are taking more and more precautions on how we're living in this world as years go by.

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I definitely agree that climate change is perhaps the biggest problem we face currently in the world's perspective. It is a problem that doesn't get too much attention in light of the middle east conflict but it could have just as much of a profound effect, if not more, than any war could have on our existence. If we do not address the problems quickly, who knows what could happen? Stephen Hawking predicted the end of the world by either nuclear annihilation, disease or by the melting of the polar ice caps sometime within the next 100 years. What a scary thought lol
    if you want you can read about my blog at:http://mitchallenent3003.blogspot.com/
    have a wonderful day,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitch,

      Thanks for the feedback, you should definitely check out what researcher predict will happen year 2050.
      - Happy weekend

      Delete
  2. Stephanie,

    I love seeing peer creativity on these blogs and especially the picture you chose.

    I believe you and I had the same thought process. While all the other issues are extremely relevant and detrimental to our future, what do we do if there's no planet to fix?

    The drastic and severe weather changes are a huge issue that I do not believe we're taking seriously enough. When this conversation start years and years ago, people thought it was crazy. How is it possible we can affect drastic climate change? Well, here's our answer and our response is slow at best.
    There should absolutely be stricter laws in place for big businesses to become 'eco' friendly.

    Best of luck this semester. I enjoy reading.
    I always appreciate peer feedback

    Hello, Aviana!

    I like all the additional settings you put into your blog. Also, great idea grabbing pictures from Pinterest. I'll definitely be borrowing that idea.
    We share some of the same thoughts about education but you also had a lot of valid points I did not think of such as immigration.
    Food for thought, you cannot get a high paying job without at least a bachelor's degree. I currently work for a company that reimburses me the expense of schooling as long as my degree can be a benefit of the company I work for. Good thing is, it's finance so that truly leaves all kinds of doors open. I think it would be an advantage to education parents on the importance of starting for your child's fund when their born. This way, the expense is spread out over 17 years and not 4. There are plenty of programs, people just aren't aware of them or don't devote enough time. They're also very inexpensive.
    Hopefully, our country will come to find a solution for this ongoing issue.
    Best of luck this semester!

    I enjoy peer feedback if you have time.

    http://jamiecgarcia.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jamie,

      Having big businesses run on solar energy would definitely be beneficial !

      Delete