Individuals in the IA academy like David, are the reason why I love being a part of such a new but growing academy. ENT 3003 is actually a requirement for IA students . Reason why I'm taking this course is because it's part of my tracking for my minor in innovation. This doesn't mean that I'm hoping to just glide through this course and not gain anything of it . This course will allow me to gain insight on how I can use what I've learned and use it in the real world once I've graduated with a degree in animal science.
Thursday, January 14, 2016
My Entrepreneurship Story
What is my entrepreneurship story? I personally don't have any stories of me doing anything related. However, that doesn't mean I haven't been a part of other peoples entrepreneurship journeys. Being an Innovation Academy student allows me to meet new people such as, entrepreneurs and be able to see what new ideas they come up with . One of many, David Nassau founded a non-profit organization called, "Hopping 4 A Cure For Multiple Sclerosis". You may have heard of it either on your local news, or even on campus! The purpose of this organization is to spread awareness and raise money that will then go towards college scholarships, caregiver support, and medical research to those that are affected or diagnosed with MS. You can learn more about this organization and how you can be apart of it by looking it up on Facebook. Since his first event in 2011, he has raised thousands of dollars from his hop-scotch tournaments and has even expanded to two more Universities other than UF.
Labels:
WEEK 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's great that you highlighted a worthy cause as part of your entrepreneurship story. A cure for MS along with cures for many devastating diseases such as cancer, ALS, etc. are what the scientific community should be focused on. Entrepreneurship will continue to play a key role in this area.
ReplyDeleteI would recommend explaining what being careful with acronyms. Not everyone will know that IA is a special program at UF called Innovation Academy and some people might not know what MS stands for. Also, there are a couple of minor grammatical and spelling issues that you should take extra care to avoid.
You can check out my entrepreneurial story (http://taleemreflections.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html). I am also very passionate about social responsibility. All in all, a very nice post that certainly meets all of the criteria outlined in the assignment. Good work!