Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Twenty Percent


As of yesterday, I have spent my spring break here in a small town located in North Carolina. Next door, there is a middle aged women whose created a business of her own in which she rents out cabins to people interested in renting them out during the season. Inside her main office cabin, she also sells her homemade soaps, jellies, and lotions. Due to the location, her target customers are those that hike, ski, those that browse airbnb and those that want an escape and decide staying a few days in the middle of nowhere in the mountains is exactly what the needed. She finds her customers online because apparently the river that passes by her cabins has healing powers. She also finds the majority of them via Airbnb. Most come from south florida that are looking to see snow , and college students who drive up from their school for ski socials. The three targeted customers all came up to the mountains for the same reason. They wanted to bring their families to a place where there isn't much things going on and poor cell service that allows them to actually have sincere boding time. Being here is their way to escape the real world. With all the feedback I received, I can say that the entrepreneur does indeed know her customers needs and meet those needs .

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Stephanie! Although it would have been nice if you added videos, I think your detailed post compensated for it. Seems like you traveled to a really interesting place and met a really unique entrepreneur. Way to go! Here's mine: http://cindyblogs4u.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    I love the location of your post. I loved reading about the cabin business, but the assignment was to video at least some of the customers that she may be looking for. You could have gone to some of the local establishments to find tourists or videoed some of your friends at UF that would be potential customers to film. I think that you could have worked a little harder on making this a complete assignment! Incomplete assignment.
    http://travismcafee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome that you were in a new location for this post! However, you said you received so much feedback, you should have done video or audio recordings for this post like we were instructed too. It would have been really cool to see those. She has a very cool business though and sounds like a fun person to talk to about her business.

    you should check out my blog here http://darby95.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie, I really enjoyed reading your post and it is really interesting. However, you should be including videos in it. I’m sure you could’ve talk to the lady’s target costumers since you were there yourself. Besides that, you did a great job. I didn’t get a chance to do my post because I had left already for spring break. Check out my blog when you get a chance:
    https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7423653201335911285#allposts/src=dashboard

    ReplyDelete