Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

Reading the article, I came upon learning that companies learned that if they advertised someone who consumers wished they could be, then consumers would buy their product. This was surprising to read because I never really thought why they always had good looking people on there advertisments or why they used a certain story to sell there product. The most confusing part of the article in my opinion was reading the section on segmentation and collecting data to figure out how you can better a product or sell products based on the consumers likeness to it and their opinion on it. Working in retail, I know a little about what sells and what doesn't sell, but I never put much thought into how I know a certain product sells more than the other. If I were to ask the author two questions, I would ask is how is being overly concerned on whether your consumer likes your product detrimental to the company? How did this strategy even start in the first place? Throughout my reading, there wasn't one thing I disagreed with the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment