During the exercise, I was a little hesitant on offering people a dollar because I didn't want to make them feel like I was soliciting them. To be on the safe side, I decided to stay around my house and confront my neighbors who were walking by. Giving them a dollar wasn't as hard as I thought it would be because if I wasn't making someone smile by offering them a dollar who some would have probably used it for good , I would have bought something that I probably don't need in the first place. The reactions from some of the folks I interviewed were surprising. I didn't realize how just by giving one dollar could impact someones life. I didn't post the video because it was too personal for them to give my permission to upload it. The ones that didn't want to take the dollar were those that were to busy jogging that I couldn't capture a video or ones that didn't want to be bothered because they had to head somewhere. Before filming, I knew one or two people wouldn't take my offer, because there are those that don't think it's right to take someones dollar because there are many people out there that need that dollar more than you whose able to attend UF and have a roof under your head.
Hey!
ReplyDeleteI definitely recognize, respect, and empathize with your nerves. However, your enthusiasm in the videos makes up for it. You were very committed and I can tell you learned a lot. I also admire the logic that you came up with rather than being offended because this can be an easily offensive situation.
Check out mine at:
http://dslent.blogspot.com/2016/02/where-will-you-go-since-i-am-familiar.html